Inside The Studio :: Video :: The Life of a Designer BARBARA CAMPBELL-Wire Wrapping Jewelry




http://www.barbaracampbellnyc.com Introduction to Barbara Campbell Wire Wrap Jewelry. *HOW TO GET YOUR JEWELRY CUSTOMIZED! Learn how to get your jewelry customized in this exclusive video by Designer Barbara Campbell Accessories. Bio: Barbara Campbell is a accessories designer, CEO & creative director of Barbara Campbell Accessories, award winning entrepreneur and the author of Barbara Campbell Accessories Blog. Mission: Barbara Campbell Accessories mission is to design and handcraft beautiful and wearable statement pieces from the best materials ...

Indie Emerging Accessories Designer Barbara Campbell Quoted "The pleasure comes from owning my own small business that allows me to be an entrepreneur as well as an artist creating innovative designs for fashion forward women "

An Exclusive - Interview with Barbara Campbell - talented emerging jewelry and accessories designer from Brooklyn, New York. My mother-in-law introduced me to wire wrapping and beads and semi precious stones.  

Artist Bio: Barbara Campbell is a strong and stunning Cuban-American woman from the Washington Heights neighborhood in Manhattan. She studied fashion at FIT then went on to spend more than a decade in the beauty industry, and brings this expertise to her jewelry line, Barbara Campbell Accessories, founded in 2006. Splitting her time between Park Slope, Brooklyn, and The Hamptons, Ms. Campbell designs each piece with an eye for urban chic and a feel for nature. Each one of her pieces is designed and hand-constructed one piece at a time in her Brooklyn studio from high-quality materials; her fashion background often comes through during the design process, as she tends to drape necklaces on mannequins like fabric.

The Learning Process: My Style Icon Cuban born mother introduced me to fashion and style at a very early age. I trained as a tailor at FIT in NYC. I loved the lines of designs. I also trained as a wig maker and I am a licensed cosmetologist. I first became inspired to make jewelry while sitting on the front porch of a cabin overlooking Lake Dunmore in Middlebury Vermont. My mother-in-law introduced me to wire wrapping and beads and semi precious stones. A few months later I was walking the beaches of Montauk Long Island and started noticing these beautiful stones being washed up on the shore. I then started to wire wrap the stones and make necklaces and bracelets. 

Artist Inspiration: My inspiration usually comes from the environment around me, whether it is the beaches of Montauk, the lakes of Vermont, the historic landmark brownstones of Park Slope in Brooklyn and it might sound funny but I get a lot of inspiration from my dreams!

Career as a Jewelry Designer: The pleasure comes from owning my own small business that allows me to be an entrepreneur as well as an artist creating innovative designs for women and men. 

Learn about Jewelry and Accessories Designer Barbara Campbell Fashion Brand and her latest collection on her website herehttp://www.barbaracampbellnyc.com/

Category:

Tags:

License:

Standard YouTube License


Comments